Helping you with your mental health or addiction needs, providing care and support in your home.
What is the Acute Community Service?
Our Acute Community Service is supported by qualified Mental Health Nurses to assist and support you to work towards your individual recovery goals. Our service extends throughout the Gold Coast and Ballina regions, Monday to Friday.
How can I access this service?
You can request a referral from your Currumbin Clinic treating Psychiatrist if they feel it will be beneficial for your continuing care. Each person has individual needs and your Community Nurse will work with you to provide clinical and therapeutic support to meet these. For most patients, visits can continue for as long as you require this service.
This service may be:
- An alternative to a hospital admission
- Part of your discharge plan from a hospital admission
- Used in conjunction with outpatient appointments or day therapy programs
Our team can provide:
- Skills training in management of symptoms and medication
- Psycho education
- Relapse prevention and planning
- Exposure therapy
- Brief therapeutic interventions
- Referral to community supports
- Social engagement ie. coffee shop, beach walks, shops or park
- Someone to talk to without reservation or fear of judgment, or criticism
This service is fully covered by most Health Funds.
If you feel you would benefit from our Acute Community Service, please speak with your treating psychiatrist for further information or our Acute Community Service Nurse Unit Manager on 0428 609 444.