Visitors are now permitted to enter or visit hospitals, aged care facilities and disability accommodation services.
ALL HOSPITAL VISITORS
Visitors should continue to wash their hands before entering and leaving facilities, practice physical distancing where possible and follow requests from staff.
In the interests of our patients, staff and visitors, hospital visiting hours are currently:
· Monday - Friday: 5pm to 7pm
· Saturday and Sunday: 12pm to 2:30pm
· Children under the age of 16 are allowed to visit (on top of the four (4) visitors allowed per patient)
Please note, all visitors to the Hospital must arrive and depart through the front entrance to undertake COVID-19 screening. Visitors must also wear a visitor sticker which will be issued upon completion of COVID-19 screening.
The following Queensland Health COVID-19 restrictions remain unchanged.
- Restrictions on entry for persons to hospitals i.e persons in quarantine, or persons with symptoms consistent with COVID-19
Unless you are a patient at our hospital, you cannot visit if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- have returned from overseas, interstate (resided, visited or transited through a known declared hotspot in the last 14 days)
- have been asked to self-quarantine
- have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have a fever (37.5 degrees or more) or a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties, loss of the sense of smell or an altered sense of taste.
Routine health screening remains in place at our hospital entrance, before patients, visitors and any persons wishing to access our hospital may enter.
If you have any symptoms at all, please also get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and follow guidance issued by Queensland Health and amend these measures as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support to keep our community safe.
Further information on the latest Queensland Health directives can be found via the Queensland Government website at www.health.qld.gov.au