From 6pm tonight, Friday 8 January, until 6pm Monday 11 January people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except for the following reasons:
- Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
- Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
- Exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household
- Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
- Work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
- Child custody arrangements
- Legal obligations
- Visit for end of life
- Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
Masks will also need to be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home.
Cafes, pubs and restaurants will be open only for take-away service.
Funerals will be restricted to 20 guests and weddings restricted to 10 guests.
ALL ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES REMAIN OPEN. If you need to leave Greater Brisbane for an essential purpose, such as to work, to return home or to access healthcare, you should limit your movements for those three days wherever you go.
Our Hospital is considered an essential business should you or a family member require support with mental health please contact us to discuss treatment options.
ALL VISITORS TRAVELLING FROM GREATER BRISBANE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO VISIT OUR HOSPITAL DURING THIS TIME.
Normal visiting hours will apply to all other hospital visitors
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
List of restrictions
The full list of restrictions for people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan include:
- No more than two visitors to the household per day (in addition to anyone else currently staying in the household), excluding care workers or volunteers
- All businesses that can remain open must adhere to one person per 4 square metres with maximum of 20 to 50 with COVID Safe or Industry Plan
- Restaurants and cafes to provide takeaway service only
- Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, gyms etc to close
- Places of worship to close
- Weddings involve a maximum of 10 people, including the celebrant and witnesses
- Funerals involve a maximum of 20 people
- Mandatory mask wearing anywhere outside of your home
- No visitors to aged care facilities, hospitals, disability accommodation services or correctional facilities.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support to keep our community safe.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and follow guidance issued by Queensland Health and amend these measures as necessary.